This 2016 Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa, Cee, Hazel and Mel. The goal is to get to know new bloggers and connect with others and it sounds like fun so here goes. First up is the followig Questionnaire where you learn a little bit about me:
1. What’s your name?
My name is Rochelle.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
From Belgium at this time but that can change!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I had wanted to do it for quite some time and one day just decided I would try it and see how it goes.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I asked a friend who asked her daughter for ideas and made a pick from a few names that were suggested!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I go through phases but have always loved fantasy, and find myself reading YA fantasy a lot because they are not so dense like traditional epic fantasy for example. Most of my reviews are done on fantasy novels with the occasional other genre .
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I have two weekly features, one on Monday called Week In Books where I talk about books I read, hauled or received for review, and one on Friday called ‘Fast Forward Fridays’ where I give a list of books that are being released that I’m eagerly anticipating. I sometimes do a monthly wrap-up and TBR.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I guess it has yet to happen.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I haven’t been a member that long but there seems to be a high level of solidarity which I like.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
I’m most excited for the following 5 books :
Here are the 5 books I really want to get to in 2016:
I think everyone should read the Scarlet Star Trilogy by Ben Galley, in fact any books by Ben Galley! Also, The Griever’s Mark Trilogy by Katherine Hurley. I’m surprised there isn’t a huge hype around this series because they are right up there with some of the most popular YA fantasies, and better than a few too.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I think Manon for the Throne Of Glass series would be an interesting BFF! I dare say I like her more than Celaena.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
This is so hard since I don’t really go off on guys in books like that…. I really don’t know!
14. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love movies and TV series almost as much as I love reading.
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I love shopping for clothes and beauty products.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Hmm…anything reggae/dancehall or any Chris Brown song! I love me some CB!!
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I would like to see the Lotus War Trilogy by Jay Kristoff turned into a film. It would have to be done really well though.
19. What would your dream library look like?
I can’t find a pic that depicts how that would look like but it has to be cosy, with a window seat, and another cosy couch in the middle of the room, with three walls of bookshelves and a huge window with a gorgeous view, preferable of the ocean or some trees.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Ben Galley and Elisa Kova.
Those are my answers. I’ll be dropping by hopefully all of the participating blogs to read your answers!